Since moving to Vancouver, Washington, I learned of the great need for Christian Science nursing in the greater Portland, Oregon, area. Over the last six months, I started taking Christian Science nurses training and have been participating in side-by-side mentoring at Sunrise Haven in Kent, Washington.
Christian Science Nursing is…
- giving care that is consistent with the theology and ethics of Christian Science
- providing Christian encouragement of an individual’s expression of normal activity and natural vitality
- maintaining an atmosphere that is conducive to spiritual healing and supportive of harmonious care;
- assisting with all necessary care to meet the needs of cleanliness and comfort;
- assisting with mobility including assisting with standing, walking, moving and settling with or without mobility aids or comfort items;
- preparing and modifying food; assisting with feeding; giving appropriate encouragement to eat;
- cleansing, covering and bandaging, to provide for cleanliness, protection, support, and comfort;
- Instructing the patient or others in providing care for meeting individual needs;
- Being obedient to the laws of the land.
You can learn more about Christian Science nursing at the following links:
- An explanation of The Ministry of Christian Science Nursing.
- A recent Christian Science Journal article, “Why call a Christian Science nurse?“
- Christian Science Nursing Scope of Services
Although my focus continues to be serving individuals as a Christian Science Practitioner, it feels right at this time to also make myself available to provide Christian Science nursing services when there is a need.
I charge $25 an hour for Christian Science nursing services. In most cases I would be visiting you at your home, so there will be a fee to cover the travel costs (this can be worked out on an individual basis, but most people either pay per mile, or pay for the time driving to the appointment).